JOPRAD Regional Meeting
JOPRAD is organising a Regional Meeting in order to inform on, engage and involve countries with less advanced geological disposal programmes (LAP) in the process of Joint Programming (JP) and its preparation within the JOPRAD project.
On 3-4 February 2016, JOPRAD organised in Bucarest, Romania, a Regional Meeting in order to inform on, engage and involve countries with less advanced geological disposal programmes (LAP) in the process of Joint Programming (JP) and its preparation within the JOPRAD project.
In order to achieve the overall objectives, the following particular topics were addressed:
- Why Joint Programming?
- What are the benefits for the Member States?
- What could be the domain of activities covered by the Joint Programming?
- What is expected from Member State representatives for the implementation of the Joint Programming (Horizon 2020 EURATOM from WP 2018)?
- What are the means and tools to implement Joint Programming?
- How will Joint Programming be prepared and implemented?
- What is expected from the Member State representatives during the JOPRAD project?
Expected outcomes of the Regional meeting
Inform the countries with RWM programmes in a early-stage and involve them in the discussion for the future Joint Programming and increase the awareness of decision makers concerning:
- General meaning of any future Joint Programming
- Possible means and methods for getting involved in JOPRAD, i.e. in the preparation phase for any future Joint Programming
- Means and methods for implementing Joint Programming as the outcome of JOPRAD
- Benefits of Joint Programming for meeting the Waste Directive requirements
- Eventually the meeting will help to stimulate national discussions in order to defi ne Mandated Actors and the tasks assigned to them.
The Regional Meeting was intended for:
- New Members States governmental institutions representatives
- New Members States representatives from WMOs, TSOs, REs
- The Civil Society representatives
- The nuclear fission community representatives
- The representative from the platforms dealing with education and training
The meeting was attended by 67 representatives of 17 countries and the EC.
Contact person: If you have any question, please contact: JOPRAD_Regional_meeting(at)joprad.eu