JOPRAD Programme Document Workshop
JOPRAD organised on 4 April 2017 a Workshop to present its Programme Document.
A Workshop on the JOPRAD Programme Document took place on 4th April 2017 in London, UK gathering about 100 participants from 22 countries (EU Member-States and associated countries) and mainly from :
- Waste Management Organisations;
- Technical Support Organisations and Research Entities;
- Civil Society stakeholders;
- Ministries, national/regional authorities (programme owners);
- European Commission.
The Programme Document Workshop aimed to present the draft Programme Document from the JOPRAD Project, which forms the proposed scientific and technical basis of a potential future European Joint Programme. More specifically, this workshop was the occasion to present:
- The background for setting-up a Joint Programme;
- The research domains defined as suitable for a JP by all the R&D actors (Waste Management Organisations, Technical Support Organisations and Research Entities) and how these domains were selected and then prioritised while maintaining the independency of the actors;
- How the Civil Society has been engaged in the process and how the interaction with stakeholders can be envisaged within a JP;
- Examples of potential projects (RD&D projects and Knowledge Management activities) that could be carried out within the first phase of a Joint Programme; and
- A possible governance and implementation mechanism.
Contact : raymond.kowe(at)nda.gov.uk